This week is about taking time to recharge yourself. Often I forget to take care of myself. I don’t set clear boundaries and pile too much on my plate. I often say yes, wanting to help and wanting to over deliver but I end up over-promising and missing important things or people.
Do you wake up in a panic remembering something you’ve forgotten?
Do you say yes too much?
Do you feel like your activities and responsibilities are aligned with your goals?
This week I am so excited to bring Van Cooley and her wisdom to you. Van was a counselor at camp last year (Creatives Ignite) and she is going to be one of the speakers this year.
This week Van will be talking about how the things we tell ourselves often are old stories and not a reflection of current truths. I hope you will join us for Episode 371 on Wednesday, Feb 17.
You can always join us for the live taping experience and be part of the community. Come a little early and introduce yourself in the chat, tell us where you are located in the world and say hey!
We start at 7:30pm GMT / 2:30pm ET / 11:30am PT / 9:30am in Hawaii on WEDNESDAYS.
Sign up at http://rechargingyou.com/signup to get on the email list to get the link each week.
Or Listen here:
- Van, can you give everybody a little background about your career in design and the path it has taken? When did you pivot your business to what it is today?
- You have taken time during the last 2 years to understand your superpower and experiment and find your path. What did that look like at first? How did you feel 2 years ago?
- You and I have had many conversations about our inner voice and what it is telling us. When I am doubting myself or overthinking something you often have asked me why I am telling myself this or where does this past story originate?
- These talks have been eye-opening for me. How did you realize your past stories had been holding you back?
- Can you tell them about the false story about being tech-savvy?
- You are also great at asking yourself if this pursuit or that is aligning with your goal you have set for the year. Can you tell everybody how you set a word for the year and how you continually are checking alignment during the year with that word?
- What have you learned about yourself since the Pandemic?
- You noticed in yourself and you often see it in others that their superpower is overlooked by the person with the superpower. What superpowers have you uncovered this year in yourself?
- How has being intentional on reflecting on your day, on your learning, helped you? How can someone start that habit of reflection?
- How do you stay connected, grounded, and energized?
- How do you recharge? What inspires you?
- Is there a quote or something that you keep close to help you get through tough times?
- What is next?
Love on Designers Week 3
WEEK 3 is RECHARGE
This is a week for you, so focus on you and giving you what you need this week. Shoot a picture and use the hashtag #loveondesigners this week and let us know how you are taking care of yourself this week.
Take a walk or a hike.
Get a massage (manicure, pedicure).
Go to a movie.
Take a nap.
Do something that refuels you, take a picture and use the #loveondesigners.
Here is how to enter to win one of the five giveaways this month:
GIVEAWAY TIME! Tag 2 friends in the comments to enter the drawing for some of my favorite drawing and painting tools, plus a few cards to send to friends and people who inspire you, postcards which you can hang in your office, and a few special surprise bonus items!
Five winners will be randomly selected. The each week I will post twice a week on instagram @designrecharge. One winner will be randomly selected from each week. To be entered to win all you have to do is:
- Follow @designrecharge.
- Comment and tag two friends to enter.
AND / OR
The last two weeks we will choose a person during the Feb 17th live show and during the Feb 24 live show. All you have to do is:
- Come to the live show
- Comment during the show